- » Automation
- » Siemens
- » Software
- » SIMATIC STEP 7 Safety
SIMATIC STEP 7 SafetyOverview
Delivery release for SIMATIC STEP 7 Safety Basic / Advanced V14, the high-performance add-on package for programming the fail-safe S7 controller for the Totally Integrated Automation Portal V14.
The TIA Portal add-on package SIMATIC STEP 7 Safety Basic / Advanced convinces with numerous new engineering features and supports the extended portfolio of S7-1500F and S7-1200F.
- STEP 7 Safety Basic V14 is the add-on package for parameter assignment and programming of the fail-safe S7-1200.
- STEP 7 Safety Advanced V14 is the add-on package for all fail-safe TIA SIMATIC controller classes (S7-1500, S7-1200, S7-1500 Software Controller, S7-300, S7-400, WinAC).
You can find additional information on the sales releases for the TIA Portal software and controllers in the following entries:
- TIA Portal V14 (109739471)
- SIMATIC S7 1200 FC Controller (109739232)
- ET 200pro CPU 1516pro-2 PN Standard and Fail-safe (109739235)
- SIMATIC S7-1500 Failsafe Software Controller (109483757)
- Support of extended fail-safe S7-1200/S7-1500 portfolio: CPU 1212FC, CPU 1516pro F-2 PN, CPU 1518F-4PN/DP ODK, Fail-safe Technology CPU S7-1517F-3 PN/DP, S7-1500 Fail-safe Software Controller
- Using the STEP 7 V14 programming editors and hardware configuration (know-how for standard programming can also be used for safety)
- Performance increase with improved compile
- Know-how protection for fail-safe S7-1200 and S7-1500 program blocks
- Multi-user support for fail-safe users
- Application Programming Interface (API) for using fail-safe blocks from the library (F-FC/F-FB/F-UDT)
- Shared Device for Fail-Safe Modules ET200SP/MP/S/M/Pro
- I-Slave-Slave Communication (F-DX Mod) for ET200SP
- PLCSim compatibility for fail-safe S7-1500 and S7-1200
- Use of ready-made and certified fail-safe application blocks
- Creating a standards-compliant report on all safety parameters and the safety program
- Achievable safety class SIL3 (Safety Integrity Level) according to IEC 61508:2010 / PL e (Performance Level) according to EN ISO 13849-1:2015
- Fail-safe communication via PROFIsafe also for S7-1200F (as from Firmware V4.2)
Security of investment
STEP 7 Safety V13 SP1 projects can be upgraded directly to STEP 7 Safety V14.
The upgrade of projects from previous versions of TIA Safety (V11 to V13) is performed based on STEP7 Safety Advanced V13 SP1 (most recent update recommended).
In order to support you as best as possible, the optional package Safety V13 SP1 is enclosed in the listed STEP7 Safety V14 products (see "Ordering Data"). Please install the current updates of V13 SP1 as well. You will obtain these with STEP7 Basic/Professional V14. Alternatively the current version is available on the web site of the Industry Online Support.
A compatibility mode is not supported.
S7 Distributed Safety V5.4 SP5 projects can be
migrated to STEP 7 Safety Advanced V14 by migrating the program code
and hardware configuration.
System requirements and compatibility with other SIMATIC products
- STEP 7 Safety Advanced V14 requires STEP 7 Professional V14 (109740340)
- STEP 7 Safety Basic V14 requires at least STEP 7 Basic V14 (109740340)
Refer to STEP 7 Professional V14 for the supported operating systems and hardware requirements. The compatibility to other SIMATIC products is the same as for STEP 7 Basic / Professional V14.
Software Update Service (SUS)
SUS S7 Distributed Safety and Safety Basic/Advanced:
- Customers who have signed a Software Update Service agreement for S7 Distributed Safety or Safety Advanced, receive, upon delivery release of STEP 7 Safety Advanced V14, a DVD including STEP 7 Safety Advanced V14 and an Upgrade (Combo) license for STEP 7 Safety Advanced V14 within the framework of their agreement.
- Customers who have signed a Software Update Service agreement for Safety Basic, receive, upon delivery release of STEP 7 Safety Basic V14, a DVD including STEP 7 Safety Basic V14 and an Upgrade license for STEP 7 Safety Basic V14 within the framework of their agreement.
Delivery takes place automatically.
You can find additional information about the Software Update Service here.
Trial software download
Here you can download a trial version for SIMATIC STEP
7 Safety Advanced V14 and test it for 21 days: 109740273
The attached Readme file includes additional information on STEP7 Safety Advanced V14. You can view this file in the portable document format (.pdf).