SIRIUS ACT Pushbutton Units and Indicator Lights
SIRIUS ACT is a modular system of command and signaling devices for front panel mounting and rear-mounted electrical modules. Complete units made up of an actuator or indicator and contact modules and/or LED modules are offered for the most frequent application cases.
SIRIUS ACT is available in four versions:
- Plastic version with black plastic front ring, 22 mm
- Plastic version with metal front ring, shiny, 22 mm
- Metal version with metal front ring, shiny, 22 mm
- Metal version, flat, with metal front ring, matt, 30 mm
One command point comprises:
- An actuator or indicator in front of the control panel
- A holder for securing behind the control panel
- Up to six contact modules and/or one LED module (mounted onto the holder), single-pole contacts can be stacked
- A comprehensive range of accessories for inscription/marking
The pushbuttons and indicator lights are climate-proof (KTW24) and suitable for standard industrial applications and operation inmarine applications.
"Intrinsic safety" type of protection EEx i according to ATEX directive94/9/EC
The pushbuttons and indicator lights can also be used inhazardous areas. Special versions of the 3SU1400 contact modules und3SU1401 LED modules (only with screw terminals).
Safety EMERGENCY-STOP according to ISO 13850
For controls according to IEC 60204-1 or EN 60204-1, theSIRIUS ACT mushroom pushbuttons are suitable for use as safetyEMERGENCY-STOP pushbuttons.
IEC 60947-5-1 and EN 60947-5-1 require positive opening, i.e.for the purpose of personal safety, the assured opening of NC contactsis expressly stipulated for the electrical equipment of machines in allsafety circuits and marked according to IEC 60947-5-1 with the symbol(->).
Category 4 according to EN ISO 13849-1 can be attained with theEMERGENCY-STOP mushroom pushbuttons if the corresponding fail-safeevaluation units are selected and correctly installed, e.g. the 3SK11safety relays, the 3RK3 Modular Safety System (see Catalog IC 10,Chapter 11, "Safety Technology") or matching units from the ASIsafe,SIMATIC or SINUMERIK product ranges.
The SIRIUS ACT command and signaling devices can be connectedto the AS-Interface communication system quickly and safely.
The following solutions are available:
- AS-Interface module
- AS-Interface module in safety-related version forEMERGENCY-STOP mushroom pushbutton
- Ready-fitted AS-Interface enclosures with 1 to 6 commandpoints
The SIRIUS ACT command and signaling devices can be connectedto IO-Link quickly and safely. The connection is made via a specialIO-Link-module.
Highlights of SIRIUS ACT
- Improved look of the system
- Combination of design and functionality
- Self-explanatory and fast installation
- One-handed installation
- Components can be mounted with holder removed
- No special tools required
- Simple geometry for mounting holes
- Media resistance
- Suitable for use in extreme environments
- Design stability according to use
- Connection to the most commonly used communication systems (PROFINET, AS-Interface, IO-Link)
- Simple integration into the PLC possible via TIA
- Integrated solution