Safety Light Beam DevicesOverview
Banner Engineering EZ-Screen Safety Light Curtains
- Creates a screen of synchronized, modulated infrared sensing beams that extend from end to end of the housing (no “dead zone”).
- Low-profile, compact package for smaller production machines, yet robust enough for large power presses.
- 14 mm resolution.
- Defined areas from 270 to 1810 mm (10.6 to 71.2 ) in 140 mm (5.5”) increments.
- 100 mm to 7 m (4 to 23') sensing range.
- Power consumption of 210 mA @ 24V dc for all models.
- Easily configured reduced resolution.
- Zone and Status indicators plus digital display to indicate number of beams blocked and detailed diagnostics.
- Highly immune to EMI, RFI, ambient light, weld flash and strobe light.
- Selectable 1-ch, 2-ch or no external device monitoring.
- Two OSSD safety outputs rated at 500 mA each.
- Selectable auxiliary output (250 mA) option to monitor the state of the OSSDs or monitor receiver and emitter lockouts.
- Selectable emitter test option simulates a “blocked” condition.
- Vibration-tolerant, factory burned-in emitter and receiver circuitry for toughness and dependability.
- FMEA tested to ensure control reliability.
- Safety PLC input compatible (per OSSD specifications).
- Models with yellow housing listed below; clear anodized aluminum or nickel-plated ESD-safe housings are available.
Low Profile Housing