TIA Portal PLC programmingOverview
Delivery Release SIMATIC STEP 7 Professional / Basic V16
SIMATIC STEP 7 is the world's best known and most widely used programming software in industrial automation. SIMATIC STEP 7 (TIA Portal) impresses with its innovative engineering for proven and new SIMATIC controllers.
To view the innovations for other TIA Portal products, refer to the following page: 109771626
Highlights SIMATIC STEP 7 V16
STEP 7 V16 includes new functions for all phases of the engineering workflow.
- New CPU 1513pro (based on S7-1500) for the SIMATIC ET 200pro system: 109771704
- Direct exchange of data via PROFINET IRT ensures quick, isochronous data transfer among several S7-1500 CPUs.
- IP accessibility for S7-1500 CPUs via communication processor CP 1543-1: The OPC UA Server and the S7-1500 CPU Client can transfer data via communication processor CP 1543-1.
- IP forwarding for S7-1500 CPUs: Forwarding of IP telegrams from a PROFINET interface of the CPU to another integrated PROFINET interface.
- IP-based communication to devices via S7-1500 CPUs for diagnostics and commissioning, such as S7-PCT Tool, SIMATIC PDM.
- The function can be combined with IP accessibility via communication processor CP 1543-1.
- Enhanced display of long device names in the topology and network views.
- Extension of the OPC UA integration
- OPC UA Server for S7-1200 CPUs.
- Improved connection diagnostics and connection overview
- Extensions with Open User Communication (OUC) for S7-1200/S7-1500:
- Forwarding of mails including files directly from the SIMATIC Memory Card by means of the statement T_MAIL_C.
- TCP/UDP communication based on IPv6 and DNS via communication processor CP 1543-1/CP 1243-1.
Software units for S7-1500 as of firmware version V2.6
Full openness support for software units
Import/export of SCL source files in software units
Access PLC tags of another Unit from within a Unit
Editors for programming languages
"Go to definition" is now also offered in the tag table (for tags of the data type UDT), as well as in watch and force tables.
The display of the operand representation and tag information in SCL can now be adapted independently of the other programming languages via the global settings.
- Multilingual comments in SCL programs: The syntax (/* ... */) enables the input of multilingual comments and regions in SCL blocks.
- SCL case statement: In addition to an integer, the value of the expression can now also be a bit sequence. This means, for example, that data type conversion is not required to transfer the value to the status word.
- FOR loops in SCL – support of all available integer data types: In addition to signed integer tags, the integer tags of the data type USINT, UINT, UDINT and ULINT can now also be used in FOR loops.
- Parameter instance as DB_Any: When a function block is called, the parameter instance can now also be passed on via a tag of the data type DB_ANY.
The new statement "File Delete" is used to delete existing files on the Memory Card for S7-1500 CPUs.
The existing statement "TMAIL_C" has been extended for S7-1500 CPUs/S7-1200 CPUs. You can now send data logs, recipes and user files located on the SIMATIC Memory Card as an e-mail attachment, e.g. via an integrated interface of your CPU.
The existing statement "TMAIL_C" for S7-1200 CPUs has been extended and now allows e-mail encryption, for example.
Improved performance of the statements "Serialize: Serialize", "Deserialize: Deserialize" and "CMP" (comparator) for S7-1500
Three new PID help functions are available. These reduce the programming effort for tasks in control engineering: "Filter_PT1", "Filter_PT2", "Filter_DT1".
- Code comparison between blocks in the project and library (copy templates or types from the global or project library).
- Direct code comparison also between library blocks (e.g. between different type versions)
- Project traces: Coordination of traces in several devices (several CPUs, different device types). Display in a common diagram.
- Cycle control:
- Press "Pause" to stop program processing
- The number of program cycles to be executed or the execution duration can be stated.
- Hardware alarm (OB 4x), diagnostic error alarm (OB 82), module insertion or removal (OB 83), rack or station failure (OB 86) events can be simulated using an event table.
- Improved import of PLC tags from a TIA Portal project to PLCSIM
- SIMATIC STEP 7 Professional V16
is the powerful and integrated engineering system for the current SIMATIC Controllers S7-1500, S7-1200, S7-300, S7-400, WinAC and ET 200 CPU. S7-PLCSIM for simulation of the S7-1500, S7-1200 CPU as well as SIMATIC WinCC Basic for configuration of Basic Panels and SINAMICS Startdrive for configuration of drives are included in the product package.
- SIMATIC STEP 7 Basic V16
is the easy-to-use engineering system for the small modular SIMATIC S7-1200 controller and the associated I/Os. It includes S7-PLCSIM for simulating the S7-1200 CPU and SIMATIC WinCC Basic for configuration of the SIMATIC Basic Panels.
The recommended hardware and software are listed in the following table.
|Hardware / software||Requirement|
|Processor||Intel® Core™ i5-6440EQ (up to 3.4 GHz)|
|RAM||16 GB (min. 8 GB, 32 GB for large projects)|
|Hard disk||SSD with 50 GB free storage space|
|Network||1 Gbit (for multi-user)|
|Monitor||15.6" full HD display (1920 x 1080 or more)|
|Operating system|| Windows 7 (64-bit)
Windows 10 (64-bit)
Windows Server (64 bit)
*only for Basic Edition
STEP 7 V14 helps you solve your engineering tasks intuitively and efficiently
The Totally Integrated Automation Portal offers impressive performance in every work and programming step thanks to its transparency, intelligent user navigation and straightforward workflows.
Functions such as drag & drop, copy & paste and AutoCompletion make work much quicker and easier.
IEC programming languages - Powerful editors and high-performance compilers
Structured text (SCL)
Ladder diagram (LAD)
Function block diagram (FBD)
Statement list (STL)
Programming sequence controls (GRAPH)
The option packages S7-SCL, S7-GRAPH, S7-PLCSim, system documentation and TeleService family from STEP 7 V5.5 are already integrated in STEP 7 Professional V14 and do not require additional licences.
Holders of the software update service STEP 7 Professional receive SIMATIC STEP 7 Professional V14 automatically
STEP 7 V14 - the ideal engineering system for every phase of the production life cycle enables:
Reduced engineering times
thanks to innovative programming language innovations, integrated Functions and graphical configuration
with efficient error localization thanks to integrated system diagnostics, real-time trace and high-performance online Functions
thanks to easy remote maintenance and diagnostics with Web server and teleservice
with reusable components, libraries and compatibility